logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lxman  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2019 7:00:20 AM(UTC)
lxman

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have seen this intermittently before, but just got hit with it again and I would like to know if there is something I can do to prevent it.

I am using Visual Studio to manage a website for the company, and when developing I have a development server to which I publish to a directory and then open the website and test via a browser. When I test anything related to pdfium (e.g. assembling a document and then downloading it) it seems that if I then need to make a change and then re-publish, the two files in question are still in use by some process, and I receive an access denied, and my publish fails.
This last time, I looked and all of the other files in my site's folder on the server had been deleted. The only thing remaining was icudt.dll and pdfium.dll (in its x86 folder). I tried a few times to delete them directly on the server and received the same access denied. I even tried restarting the website in IIS Manager, still no joy.
In order to resolve the issue, I finally had to reboot the server to get it to let go of the files.
The trouble is, I can do this with my development server. I cannot do this with my production server. If I arrive in this situation with my production server, my site will be down and things will not be going well.

Within my code, I am sure to dispose any PdfDocuments that I have created, and otherwise I try to be careful to clean up after myself, so to speak.

What can I do to prevent this situation?
Paul Rayman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2019 9:04:08 AM(UTC)
Paul Rayman

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 101 post(s)
Hi,

You need to stop the application pool in which your web app is hosted.
You can also create separate application pools for some web apps to control the upgrade process without affecting other sites.